Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I walked.  I walked slowly and let the cold air in.  I walked without a place to be or an agenda to fulfill. I walked until my hands turned red and my body went numb. 

I returned to what little heat this building has to offer and in the transition found myself shivering.

I stood in the shower and let the hot water hit me.  Gradually I increased the temperature.  More, little by little.  I let it hit me until my chest turned red and my body went numb.

Sitting here now, the heat is quickly leaving and soon I'll be shivering.


The problem with having your head in the clouds is that you mistake them for something solid and can't imagine falling through.  The air is thinner up there.  Makes you dizzy.  It's easy to forget the hard truth is still waiting below and soon you'll be heading straight for it.

Soon I'll be laying in bed.  I'll fall asleep and dream.  I'll poke my head in the clouds and play for a while.  I'll do my best to forget the hard ground waiting below.


Love,

Emo

1 comment: